CASTINGS? WHY USE CASTINGS?
* Intricate shapes can be cast to combine thin and thick sections.
* Multiple parts can be integrated into a single casting resulting in lower manufacturing cost, increased part integrity, and shorter bill of materials.
* Castings can be produced in sizes ranging from a fraction of an ounce to thousands of pounds.
* Identification markings, such as part numbers, company name & logo, can all be cast into the surface of the part.
* Weight Reduction - put metal only where you need it for form, fit, or function.
* The near-net-shape of castings may reduce or eliminate machining.
* Properly produced castings do not have directional properties, but can be processed to have differential properties.
* Nearly all metal alloys can be cast.
* Some metal alloys are difficult or impossible to process using manufacturing methods other than casting.
* Castings offer superior aesthetics through ease of producing shapes such as curves, blended surfaces, corner fillets,... .
* Inserts (tubular, electrical, threaded, etc.) can be integrally cast into the part.
* Proprietary cast shapes can differentiate your products from those of your competitors.
Please Contact Us with questions, or for more specific information.
Click here to go back to Articles Index